Bronco’s Battle

Adriana Urena

Chandler Police Officer Eric Berner is on the edge of losing his best friend, but is strongly fighting to help save his life. His best friend is Bronco, Bronco is a strong K-9 who has a brain tumor. Bronco has been a part of the Chandler Police since 2012 when he was brought from the Netherlands. Nya Buckner(12) says she believes, “ He should be retired and given the proper treatment”. Bronco however, had to retire from his glorious crime fighting days in which, Kalyssa Harris(12) believes is depressing. During his career as a member of the Police Department he has been a huge help in helping take down the suspect. One of his most famous glory days was when he found the weapon of a suspect when dozens of officers searched for it, but Bronco found it almost immediately.

During his service Bronco has been loved by everyone, he is a hero to many especially his handler, Officer Eric Berner, in which Bronco will risk his life to protect. The relationship between the K-9 and the handler is far beyond the best relationship to be alive. One K-9 is especially for one handler and they fwn over their new relationship in this case a relationship of five years and hopefully still continuing to grow.

Ever since October 24th, 2017 when Bronco was first diagnosed with a brain tumor officer Eric Berner has had a large sum of help, there has been fundraisers for Bronco to help save him. Paige Stanford(12) believes, “The people of Chandler should do everything in their power to help”. Even though Bronco is battling the tumor, he is still strong and has many supporters.