The Royal Wedding

Cora Baron

The royal wedding is only a few weeks away – due to take place at Windsor Castle on May 19. The marriage of Prince Harry, 33 to Meghan Markle, 36, is anticipated to be one of the biggest events of the year. Numerous announcements have already been made regarding who is to make the cake, the flowers and most recently,  the appointed photographer. Kensington Palace and the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead have recently announced that preparations and decorations are well underway for the wedding. Fans will play a major role in this experience as well. Kensington Palace tweeted earlier today: “Windsor is getting ready to welcome the world to The Royal Wedding on May 19th with bunting, large screens and refreshments across the town.” It is an exciting time for many.

“It’s really cool to see another Royal Wedding,” shares Taylor Garcia (11), “I’ve been to the U.K. a few times, it’s a very special place.” Many people will tune in from across the globe to see the broadcasting of the event. Vivian Nguyen says, “I’m so excited to watch it on T.V., it seems like I was just watching Kate and William’s marriage.” Harry is the younger prince, implying him and his children will be further from the throne. “It’s really interesting how they don’t have to marry Royal,” says Alex Smith (9). Harry’s fiancé is not of Royal nor British descent which makes this announcement particularly interesting.

Whether you’re watching from home, traveling, or not paying attention, it is important to know about the world powers. Meanwhile, the Queen is aging. Kate and William have had two children already and are expecting a third soon. The royal family keeps growing. It is very fascinating to see. They have selected several charities for people to donate in their honor.