• The homecoming football game is on Sept. 15th at 7:30

• Homecoming Carnival is September 15th from 4:30-6:30 on the varsity practice field before the game.

• Homecoming is September 16th from 8-11 PM! Tickets are $18 from Sept 5-8, $20 from Sept 11-15, and $25 at the door.

Teen Choice Awards

Hannah Ferraro

Have you been listening to the radio or watching tv lately? The Teen Choice Awards were here and gone. Lets see what has been happening with this years Teen Choice Awards.

The Teen Choice Awards is a show where America’s teens get to vote and decide which movie star or singer they like best and would like to win. This year’s Teen Choice Awards are hosted by, perhaps, one of the most popular music group’s: Fifth Harmony. Malia Hinojosa (9) gives her opinion of Fifth Harmony saying, “I guess that’s fine considering they have a good personality and stage voice.” This year’s Awards took place on August 13th, 2017 and were hosted in Los Angeles, California.

Most people have strong opinions regarding the celebrities that won this years event. Emily Shires (9) has strong opinions about the subject as she states, “Personally, I think that the Teen Choice Awards are overrated. Most people who won do not spread a good message to society.” Even the people involved with Teen Choice have had some rough things happen in the past. For example, the hosts, Fifth Harmony, lost one of their lead vocalists Camila Cabello. Additionally, Logan Paul, Jake Paul’s older brother, has experienced some conflict from social media. Many people also believe that a lot of the new music and artists have inspired young people, such as Dean Noonan (9) who said “Chance the rapper should win because he is a good influence to teens”.

These events leave the audience on the edge of their seats. Everyone is dying to know who will win in each category, and who will perform. Will you be watching next year’s Teen Choice Awards?