• HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME VS DOBSON SEPT. 21st - THEME IS COSTUMES

• HAUNTED HOMECOMING DANCE SEPTEMBER 22ND

Wonder’s Debut

Carly Osorio, General Staff

The new Wonder movie has people of all ages anticipating its debut. Directed by Stephen Chbosky and written by Steve Conrad, Wonder is an approaching American family comedy-drama film that is based on the 2012 novel by R.J. Palacio. Back in 2012, the novel was very popular along with a few similar books such as The Fault in Our Stars. Although fans of the book thought they had seen the hype dying down, it is now being brought up back again as many await the screening. High school students especially remember reading the book in their  junior high years when it first became a hit.

One student named Kelvin Tran (11) gave his opinion on the trailer saying “I’m definitely making plans to see it! The book was very heartwarming and teaches a good lesson. I’m interested in seeing how the movie plays out .” Kelvin is not the only student at Hamilton High School excited about the film’s upcoming.

Another student, Nayah Patel (12), says “I thought the trailer portrayed what you would expect the movie to be like, which is awesome. Hopefully it’s a good one.” This film stars Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson, and Jacob Tremblay and is scheduled to be released on November 17, 2017, in the United States by Lionsgate. New York Times bestseller tells that Wonder illustrates an inspiring and touching story of a boy named August Pullman.

Caroline Obarski (12) says that “it’s not your basic teen/child story, there’s a lot of twists and turns which makes it very unique.” August is born with facial differences that, up until now, have stopped him from going to public school and interacting with kids his age. He soon faces some difficult obstacles when fifth grade comes around. As his family, new peers, and the community as a whole have a hard time finding solicitude and welcoming him, August’s remarkable path through the next few years will connect them all validating that one cannot blend in when your purpose is to stand out.