MILK Makeup Review

MILK Makeup Review

Carly Osorio

A unique styled makeup brand has taken the beauty industry by storm. With their 21st century, vegan products, MILK has introduced a new uprising of makeup. The MILK Makeup company was created by Mazdack Rassi, beauty and fashion editor and E! News. The newer sales were have been founded by creative director Georgie Greville, and product developer and COO Dianna Ruth. All aspects of the line are developed in a cruelty free in-house at the downtown NYC MILK Studios.

The brand pushes an edgy, yet quirky approach on beauty. They present to young girls and boys that makeup isn’t all about looking flawless, it’s more about having fun and enhancing your features rather than hiding them. One student, Nayah Patel (12), commented on the brand saying “I love that the products are vegan-friendly and travel-friendly. The packaging is so cute and the formulas are great quality.” MILK makeup takes much pride in presentation of their products. Rather than the classic palettes and mini jars most makeup companies package their products in, MILK uses mainly roller balls and tubes for packaging/application for an easy, on the go product. Another student, Carolyn Wu (12), said that “although a bit pricey, the brand is definitely worth investing in. They have a wide range of selection with all the basic necessities for makeup, as well as the more out-there products.” MILK makeup does indeed have a variety of selections. From their toners/face washes to their foundations and mascaras, not one necessity is left behind.

Overall, MILK makeup is what the future of makeup may be all about. Easy applicable makeup tools, small, yet satisfying amounts of product, and aesthetically pleasing packaging is what the brand uses to catch the eyes of fellow makeup users. One other student, Maci Palumbo (12), stated that “I think we’ll be seeing a lot more people using this brand. It has such a unique vibe to it.” Be sure to check out the MILK makeup website to see if any of the products appeal to your taste, because MILK can guarantee they will.