Coachella 2018

Carly Osorio

Coachella weekend one has just past, and festival goers are ecstatic. With The Weeknd, Beyoncé, and even Tyler the Creator, the music festival has had its ground set with the standards for future performances set high. Coachella is an annual carnival that features only the most famous singers, rappers, and djs from today’s pop culture. It is one of the biggest attractions for millennials the springtime. Although it is an 18+ event, high schoolers and younger teens can watch (and do watch) the music concert on YouTube’s live stream that goes on throughout the entire showing. One student, Cayla Lawshe (12), said “I was supposed to go for my birthday, which was the night Beyoncé was performing. Sadly I couldn’t go, but I saw it online and she did great!” Many other students watched online and were surprised to see that Beyoncé reunited with her former singing group: Destiny’s Child. It was an outrageous performance and fans couldn’t be happier.

Another star that grasped the attention of Coachella goers was The Weeknd. If you haven’t heard, his ex girlfriend, Selena Gomez, has now been seen with her ex, Justin Bieber. The Weeknd recently released a new album with songs circling around the breakup and his heartbreak throughout it. It must have really hit him hard whilst performing because he was seen shedding a few tears during his passionate performance. Another student, Jack Butler (12), said “I’m a fan of The Weeknd and I think the emotion lured the crowd in and also got him tons of good publicity. Good for him.” It’s true, The Weeknd is getting tons of attention from fans and the press about the emotional performance at Coachella.

Overall, the music festival is just getting started. The big celebrities that performed really know how to get a crowd riled up and excited for future performances. One other student, Amara Gomez (12), said “I didn’t watch online last weekend but I definitely will be this coming weekend. I don’t want to miss anything.” No one wants to miss this, so make sure you save some time this weekend to watch the livestream of Coachella 2018.