Club Fair

Club Fair

Cora Baron

The traditional semester at Hamilton begins with a club fair during lunch. In the midst of Multi-Cultural Week, students involved in clubs find new members who are looking to get involved. With over 100 diverse clubs on campus, there is something for everyone. Activities are available for students interested in academics, athletics, community service, arts, and self-identity. Additionally, clubs are a fantastic way to meet other people who share the same passion.

People Actively Creating Communities president, Natalie Larson (11) shares among students signing up, “We’re inclusive to students of all abilities with the goal of creating friendships with students often left out.” This club is open to anyone looking to meet new people. Ben Nguyen (11), president of Gender Sexuality Alliance says, “This club is so unique because it is a safe space where students can share their truths and be accepted.” This club table offers a variety of stickers, buttons, pamphlets, and of course, a sign up sheet. Fashion Club is another club that welcomes self-expression. Christian Weninger (11) admires how, “Everyone brings a different skill set, diversifying expression.” No two clubs are quite the same.

The sparkly boards and smiling faces promise a new experience. It is not too late to sign up for a club on campus and embrace a hobby. Each club is sponsored by a teacher or coach at Hamilton. While some clubs take place once or twice a week after school, some clubs meet during conference. A half an hour of time every week can open up a welcoming and supportive community. So give it a try, make a friend, make a memory. High School is a time to express oneself and step out of what’s comfortable.