AP Exam Season

Cora Baron

The five seasons: spring, summer, fall, winter…AP season? For two weeks students enrolled in Advanced Placement (AP) classes cram and take their long awaited AP exams. The 2018 AP Exams will be administered over two weeks in May: May 7 through 11 and May 14 through 18.

Students around the country take these tests at the same exact time under the same conditions. This ensures all students have an equal opportunity. Whether it’s AP art history, AP Bio, AP Spanish, AP Gov, AP Calculus, or something else, there’s many opportunities to achieve college credit before leaving high school.

Taylor Garcia (11) says, “Although taking these exams requires discipline and many hours devoted to studying, it feels so rewarding in the end.” Balance between school and other responsibilities becomes even more of an obstacle when enrolled in AP classes. Vivian Nguyen (11), takes several AP courses, “I feel so confident when I walk into that exam, and I know I know all the material- it’s what I worked so hard for.” Students in AP classes go above and beyond with college level material that challenges the mind to think. Alex Smith (10) says, “I’m taking one AP class, and that’s quite enough for me.” Challenge by choice is a good motto when it comes to this difficult courses.

All in all, AP classes are a great way to prepare for college and learn a topic in depth. Take a class that brings passion, such as a science class or a humanities course. The weight applies to boost GPAs, so it is a great opportunity to make one’s transcript look good. Good luck AP students! Get those 5’s!