Our Teachers Are Here For Us

You aren't alone.

You aren't alone.

JayJay Quintana

Not just at Hamilton High, but in almost every High school in the country, hundreds of kids experience the hard obstacles of depression and stress. It’s something everyone has to go through in some part of their life, and many people feel like they’re alone with these feelings. However, many students don’t realize that the person they needed all along was right in front of them. Teachers are there to learn from, as well as to get help from. We asked whether or not people trust teachers enough to vent out to them when in need of help. We talked to a student named Rylee Jones (10) who said “Yes, because they just seem like nice genuine people that wouldn’t go and talk about my stuff behind my back.” Obviously, trust between adults and children, when its not their parents, can be more difficult to coordinate. It all depends on the person asking for help, and the person giving the help.

Many students may have their own opinion towards trust in their teachers; trust gives people the reason to ask for help when they need it. Next we asked others how they feel about the way teachers deal with students’ problems. So we asked a student named Jocillia Barreras (10) how she feels. She said, “I feel like they don’t take it as seriously as it should be.” Nowadays, so much goes on in students lives, that most of their problems are overlooked. Then they start to feel a disconnection with their teachers when it comes down to taking their problems literally.

Mainly, it comes down to the whole school’s method on how they help students with their problems. Its whether or not these Hamilton programs, clubs, hotlines, and counseling are even beneficial in the kids eyes. Lastly, we spoke with another student on if school does a good job at helping students in the way they do. Jacqueline Rochin (10)  told us that “Yeah, they give counseling and a lot of the counselors do check up on kids who they thought needed help in that area.” Every corner you turn at Hamilton, there will always be help for you. It’s not forced, its suggested, with the best interests in mind. No matter how someone feels, teachers are still there. Not as a staff member, but as a human being.