Hamilton Dance Company

Hamilton Dance Company

Adison Johnson

Hamilton Dance Company is a team of the best dancers here at Hamilton. They have won many competitions and awards in the past and have more in the coming future. They are coached by Mr. Daniel Milbauer, or Mr. D as many call him. He has been dancing for 30 years and teaching here at Hamilton for 19 years. Most girls on HDC have been trained in many different styles of dance and have been dancing for many years.

Many of the HDC members have been apart of Hamilton’s Pomline and other dance companies the school offers, some are 3-4 year veterans for HDC. Alex Pomroy(12)  has been apart of the dance company since 2017, before that she was on the Pom team. She credits Pom for helping her grow as a dancer, “ It taught me how to control, stop and stick my motions, and pull strength from my back and shoulders to conserve energy during routines and performances!” Everything from Pom helped her become the dancer she is today. HDC provides a safe place for these outstanding dancers to leap out of their comfort zone and broaden their horizon. Mr. D has most definitely contributed into making these girls the strong athletes they are. Especially now more than ever since competition season has begun. The girls won first in Hip Hop and first runner up in Jazz at UDA’s Cactus cup two weeks ago. In a few short weeks these girls will be heading to UDA nationals competition to claim the title as first in the nation.

With Competition season started, Mr. D reflects on his favorite moments of the season. “Best part of competition season is cleaning. I personally love working on every detail of a performance to make it be the best it can for the audience and judges.” It can allow for the athlete themselves be more self- confident in themselves but also band closer together as teammates. Catch your Hamilton Dance Company Perform before the season comes to a close!