Spring Fling 2019

Ashlie Johnston

The spring fling was created to be a fun event for everyone to enjoy. There were games, food and rides, all for affordable prices. Some of the proceeds even went to clubs to help them grow and prosper. A lot of families and kids from other schools came and enjoyed the event. The spring Fling was a great way to bring the community together.

Even though there was a great turn out, many students did not attend. For example, Jordan Wright says, “ I wanted to go with my man, but thirty dollars! Girl bye,” (Jordan Wright, grade 12). A lot of people said they didn’t want to attend because of this reason. The Spring Fling was free for anybody to attend, money was needed for rides, games and food. The $30 fee covers unlimited rides, which is a little pricey being that there wasn’t that many rides. Maybe if the flyer had displayed this information in a better way more people would have attended.

Everybody who attended said they had a great time like Leah Jones, “I wish I would’ve known there were only five rides before I paid thirty dollars, but it was fun seeing my friends and hanging out,” (Leah Jones, grade 12). There is not a lot to do in Chandler, so this event gave people an opportunity to spend time with their friends and family. There was some people who had an absolute blast like Amerita Jocson, she exclaimed, “ I had so much fun! I wish we had more events like this,” (Amerita Jocson, grade 12). There should be more events held by the school so that each grade level can get closer together, more family time and more quality time spent. As a whole, people spend too much time on their phones and not enough time in real life.

The Spring Fling was most definitely not a flop because all the people who attended had an amazing time and a great turn out.