Teacher Appreciation Week

Teacher Appreciation Week

Adison Johnson

The teachers here at Hamilton High go above and beyond for their students. It is only right for us to pay it back to the teachers during appreciation week. This week in Teacher Appreciation, each day holds something special for all the faculty at Hamilton. Free food, surprise treats, etc. Truly it makes a long school year worth all the struggle. For most students, there are particular teachers that leave a last impact. For Rawiya Ali (9) she is most impacted by Mrs. Nall. “[Nall] is very helpful with math and my homework. She truly cares and makes sure i understand everything.” For students, simple things will help in the learning process of a multitude of life lessons.

Many moments for students are quite simple. Just taking a fun class can influence choices they make later in life. Josh Cechra (11) loves taking Culinary with Mr. Chaney. “It is a really easy class to be apart of.” Easy class and laid back teachers make school more enjoyable. During the week, teachers get many gifts from not only students but businesses around here. Examples include Chipotle, Fried Pie, Mod and Canes etc. Each business offers a deal or a free treat for teachers in the Phoenix Valley. The food deals have gone above and beyond for these amazing teachers, students should too!

Going into the last few weeks of high school for seniors, most are reminiscing back on the teachers who impacted them the most. Neil Bhardwaja (12) mentioned how Mrs Stechly and Mrs Kenyon, in all the teachers, have stood out the most. “They really made me love the subjects they were teaching and made it interesting. Both teachers really cared about all the students they had.” It is the care, the support and the helpful hands that stand out to these seniors, and will imprint ways to act in the real world as they leave high school.

Even though Appreciation week is almost over, students should show there gratitude towards their teachers always. They do alot for students, staying extra hours for tutoring, spending their own money on supplies and lending a ear for students to talk to them. A simple thank you can go a long way. Go out huskies and show your gratitude!