DECA goes international

DECA goes international

Kennedy Munter, Advertising Editor

This week the DECA club of Hamilton participated in a local competition to try and place for Internationals. The sheer number of members in the club (133 participants total) placed the school in the Millennium Club. Hamilton received the Silver Status for a large donation contributed by the members. Katelyn Roberts (12) placed first as a State Winner, and therefore qualified for the International competition in Atlanta, Georgia this year. Many other participants qualified along with Katelyn, but are unable to attend the competition because of scheduling conflicts. One such member is Viraj Gupta (12) co-president of the club with Katelyn and fellow winner. Other State Winners are Jaimi Foster (11), Brenden Wady (11), Wyatt Bastin (11), and Hunter Nedin (11).

Overall, the club provides members with real-world experience with business professional positions these students may hold in the future. At competitions, participants present business management skills by giving presentations on sales, comprehensive management, or professional skills in general.

These students are truly the best representation of professionalism in high school, and Hamilton is very proud of all the competitors and winners. Keep up the good work, DECA!