Senior Year Let ‘Em Cheer

Sonam Jain

Senior year to many is the year of domination. In a kingdom, it’s the king. In a country, it’s the leader. In a world, it’s the thriving nations. In essence, senior year is the year to be leader, whether it be of your school or of your community. It’s the year to throw it back at prom for the last time with your friends who you have grown to love over the four years you have spent beside them. However, for many, the first semester of senior year isn’t all rainbows and sunshine, as the stress of college applications encompasses majority of the students.

Applying for colleges often gets the better of the students, for it places a load of pressure on the students to write multiple essays showing why they are unique. Because of this, the first half of senior year is quite stressful for many, as supported by Shaelee West(12) who said, “It’s more stressful right now because finding and applying for colleges makes it tough but when all that is over it will definitely be more exciting.”

Additionally, many students are anticipating what their future will hold for them or what they will do once they graduate from high school. Majority of the students aim to attend college directly after high school and establish themselves as adults. In regards to this, Carlos Fernandez (12) states that, “I’m far more excited to go to college, but there are definitely pros and cons to the situation,  as buying a house and living away from home is for sure scary.”

Lastly, the biggest part about high school that each and every student will miss and cherish is their friends and the relationships they have fostered over the years. Brooke Maclay(12) agreed saying that, “I will miss the friends I have made in high school, especially those who are leaving the state.” Some friendships in high school last for a lifetime, and it is friendships like these which exemplify the beauty of growing up.

Senior year may be portrayed differently by all students, but all in all, it is a year of determination which applauds the dedication students have put in in their four years of high school. It is a year of excitement and thrill for the future ahead of the students. It is a year of high school domination, and a year to be remembered.