Make A Wish Foundation Spirit Week at Hamilton

Reese Jay, Carly Osorio

With the kick off of the second quarter for Hamilton, the school has planned a special spirit week for students. Hamilton High School teamed up with Make A Wish Foundation to create a spirit week based on simple colors. The colors used throughout the spirit week will represent different types of diseases and will show support for children suffering through them. There will also be envelopes given to teachers to help with money donations from students. Be sure to show some school spirit as well as raise awareness for cancer! Don’t forget how important it is to the victims of terminal illness to donate to the Make a Wish foundation. It could save lives! A wish makes kids feel stronger, braver, and determined. Bao Tram (12) states, “We partnered with make a wish foundation to raise money for granting wishes to kids with life threatening medical diseases. This week is raising awareness for different types of medical diseases.” The student body president, Cora Davy (12) also agreed with Bao commenting, “The theme for our wish week is awareness and each color corresponds with the ribbon for a different life-threatening medical condition. By doing this we’re hoping to get more support for wish week and the fundraisers that go with it.”

Monday’s theme is orange, for leukemia. Tuesday is raising awareness for heart diseases, so students will wear red. Wednesday is dedicated to muscular dystrophy and the color is green. Thursday will be gray for brain cancer, representing “gray matter.” Lastly, Friday will be maroon and black for Huskies to make wishes come true! Stugo has done a great job of incorporating awareness for cancer in this weeks spirit week. At the end of the week, there will be an assembly for the Make A Wish foundation hosted by Stugo. One member from Stugo commented saying Connor Roe (12) added, “I think wish week is a great opportunity to spread awareness of these diseases and help support those who are directly affected by helping their dreams come true.” Overall, this week is a great way to raise spirit and at the same time show the care your school has for victims of this terminal illness.