• HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME VS DOBSON SEPT. 21st - THEME IS COSTUMES

• HAUNTED HOMECOMING DANCE SEPTEMBER 22ND

Make a Wish Updates

Carly Osorio

Last week Hamilton High School’s STUGO team worked together with the Make a Wish foundation to raise money for kids around the world with terminal illnesses. They have all been working so hard to encourage awareness and help from the student body to give to the foundation. STUGO and the Make a Wish corporation raised a total of $2800 by the end of the week, a great contribution to kids in need of care for their illnesses. Over the course of last week, STUGO organized a spirit week to raise awareness for the fundraiser and held an assembly Friday morning. During the assembly, they gave each student an understanding of what kind of changes they can make just by donating or supporting the Make a Wish foundation. They would like to thank everyone for the help and donations put into it over the past week.

One member of STUGO, Kaylee Simunek (12), gave insight on the assembly saying “The best part was getting to work with some of the Make a Wish kids. Talking with them and getting to know about their personal stories was quite moving.” There were also other fundraisers held throughout last week for the same cause, such as the “Car Bash” event. Connor Roe (12) talked about the “Car Bash” held saying, “Basically, we got a super old car and spray painted it with chandler colors/logos/etc. Later, students got to donate money to bash and destroy the car with a sledge hammer. Kind of crazy, but definitely for a good cause. All the money went to Make a Wish.” The Make a Wish foundation brought Mia, a victim of terminal illness, to the football game where Banoncheski let her do a coin toss. Another student part of STUGO, Cassidy Huynh (12), added her take on the fundraising stating that, “personally I thought it was very heartwarming to see people donate for such a great foundation.”