We the People

Adriana Urena and Dez Wills

Hamilton High School’s We the People, won the State Championship for the third time ever and the second year in a row! They will represent Arizona and Hamilton High School at the National Championship in Washington DC on April 27-30, represent your school spirit and cheer on the team. We the People is a group of hardworking individuals in which they construct debating speeches as if they were consulting in front of Congressional members. This shows that the club members have a deep interest in law and most things connected to our Congress and political world.

On Thursdays, during conference period, the team is preparing for the Nationals in DC.

As in doing so, they gather in six units with four members in each assigned with a topic in politics and the Government. As President of the We The People team, Kelsey Johnson (?), contributes to the team by, “doing the overhand work, raise fundraisers, make sure the club sends out information”. This team is fun yet challenging, they write speeches that have the necessity of being four minutes,  and learn new things worldwide, as well as events in the past. According to Vice President Camille Schaefer(?), her unit is currently working on, “the argument between the federalists and anti-federalist” during the making of the constitution.

The topics written about help the future of some in this club, they are interested in law, politics, and current events. Shanti Shenoy(?),Treasurer of the team says his club prepares her not only for the future but also serves her knowledge , “on what’s happening worldwide including politics, and now can quote references of the constitution”. Wishing the team, We the People, best of luck on the upcoming competition!