For Your Eyes Only…

For Your Eyes Only…

Chloe Dickinson

Hamilton High School is going undercover for prom this year. However, the secret is out and the whole school is already talking. The theme of Prom 2019 is 007. Think classy, sleek, and elegant and get ready for a night of fun.

Hamilton StuGo President, Donovan Corn(12), says that the idea for this prom theme “came out of the blue for us; some of our juniors were probably watching the movie and it popped into their heads and James Bond is different so we went for it.” While they aren’t allowed to share any of their plans because it’s all going to be a surprise, he says, “just know that it’s going to be at Monterra Westworld, which is a pretty beautiful place in itself.” An amazing venue means endless options for making prom the best it can be.  It’s a very unique idea and it should be exciting to see what they come up with.

Many Hamilton students are beyond excited for the arrival of prom. One of the main concerns for prom as of right now is what to wear. Jonathan Stratman(12) thinks “the idea is cool but if you are actually dressing to the theme, there aren’t many options for the guys.” Gracey Vande Kamp(12) says “I think it’s a really unique idea and my dress and shoes just happen to fit perfect for the theme.” Her guess is that there will be a ton of girls in red and black dresses. While it’s not necessary to try and match the theme of prom, it’s a fun idea and the theme 007 makes it really easy to work with.

Prom is the night of nights. Many high school students look forward to prom from the day they step foot in the school, their freshman year. So many memories are made it is pretty unforgettable. Philip Witter(12) says that this year Hamilton’s prom has “ a very alluring theme and will be a great ‘bond’ing experience.” Catch up on James Bond knowledge and get ready for a night to remember.