Ostrich Festival

Ostrich Festival

Edward Quintana

Starting March 8th and ending March 10th, the Ostrich Festival is storming into town with a vengeance. A tradition and event for the ages, The ostrich festival is back and better than ever.

The 31st Annual Chandler Chamber Ostrich Festival is a widely celebrated event in Arizona. Bringing people from all over together for a celebratory time; Family and friends can enjoy the dozens of ride and games for the limited time the festival is here. Enjoy the musical talents of Andy Grammer, The Commodores, and Flo Rida. There’s also a wide array of food and drinks for the patrants to devour. Leah Jones (12) exclaims, “I always go to the Ostrich Festival, it’s such a great bonding time with family and friends. The rides are lit and the food is bomb. You’re gonna be in line for hours though.” With so much to occupy time, the price of an admission ticket may just be worth it.

Promising to be bigger and better than ever, with bigger acts and crazier rides; the experience promises to awe. There will not be any ostrich races this year due partly to a accidental death of a Zebra last year. Although, that’s not to say there isn’t an array of fun to be had elsewhere at the festival. Sophie Boerst (12) explains, “I can’t go this year unfortunately but I’ve gone every year since I was in fourth grade. Personally I think it’s the best festival to go to. There’s so much to do and it’s always a memorable time. It’s a little expensive though and the lines are way too long.” The lines may be long but the memories seem to last a lifetime.

The prices of admission coming in at $15 per day while  $8 for ages 5-12 and seniors. VIP tickets range from $50-65 for adults and $30 for children. Unlimited ride wristbands can be purchased at grocery stores like food city and Bashas for $27 while it’ll be $30 at the Festival. Jaiden Geyer (12) expresses her disappointment, “I can’t go I’m grounded. I really wanted to go you know!” The door is closing, get your tickets while they last!

Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at your local grocery store. Gather friends and make plans. The time is neigh.