Winter Sport Tryouts

Winter Sport Tryouts

Desiree Jaime, Staff Reporter

Hamilton High School athletes are now taking on their winter sport tryouts. This week, basketball, soccer, and wrestling are trying out for the chance to earn a spot on their respective teams. All tryouts are held after school. Athletes have been running drills, scrimmaging, and putting in work, all competing against one another to earn their position.

“Coaches have been working us hard with conditioning. We also do lots of drills so that the coaches can see our skills. Tryout week is probably one of the hardest weeks we have,” said Nadia Lalani (11).

Noah Mowbray (11), trying out for boys soccer, said “The Husky 500 is what most of us look forward to least when it comes to tryouts. The tryouts are hard, but right now we’re all competing against each other and we need to work harder than anybody else to earn our spot.”

Kaitlyn Jones (10) is trying out for the girls’ basketball team and she said what she thinks the players look forward to least is the mile.

“We also run a team mile, which I like because we’re all competing against one another this whole week, but we do the team mile as a way to add team bonding during our tryouts,” said Payton Curry (12).

Tryouts end this Friday and the players will find out whether or not they made their team and which team.