Hamilton Wrestling

Andrew Buttafuoco, Staff Reporter

Hamilton Wrestling has been training hard for months now, and the season is just getting started. With the help of 4 extremely experienced coaches, Coach Haughty, Coach Quinn, Coach Weeds, and Head Coach Bartlett, the wrestling team is very well set off. The first away duel was last week, and the result wasn’t what we were looking for. We have been training hard to prepare for the next meet against Desert Mountain and are hoping for a better result.

When interviewed about the goals as an individual and the goals as a team, Senior Captain Skye Joaquin says, “As a team we are looking to improve on little things that will make us better. My personal goals this year is to place top 3 in state”. Julies Escondon says, “We have a very good team this year with very talented individuals, we will be good this year”. John Zimmerman says, “Wrestlers are the hardest working kids on campus, the only thing holding us back from our goals is ourselves.”

Hamilton wrestling will have an away duel against desert mountain on the 30th, they are expecting to do extremely well. With the season just starting, things are getting a lot more serious in the wrestling room. We are all focused and locked in on our goals this year.