Hamilton Varsity Soccer

Jaelin Diaz

The Hamilton High School Soccer team has a lot of expectations to live up to. After winning state 2 years ago, the players are focused on returning to take the title again. The team is led by the skillful Coach Belfort. Coach Belfort has been a long time school and club soccer coach, and everyone respects his coaching abilities. He pushes his players to be the best they possibly can, and assures good sportsmanship while doing so. Varsity player Crew Marin explains “I treat everyone on my team as family. We’re a brotherhood. I’m extremely happy to have a coach like Belfort.”  

Hamilton soccer has a great reputation for exposing great talents and giving opportunities for players to do what they love for a living. The coaching staff expects you to try your best and play your hardest with a good attitude. The team sits with a 4-7-4 record, which to many seems as a disappointing season so far. Derek Shlenker (11) believes “The team is doing average at best, and we can all improve, but there’s a long way to go before we reach our full potential”

Hamilton Varsity soccer lost in the quarterfinals last year and that was crushing because of how much talent they had on that team. Many people around the school believed this year’s team was stronger, and had a better shot to win state, but with their loss against Desert Vista, their chances of winning of state ended . Cole Crespo (11) said “We all had our minds focused on the playoffs, and it’s crushing to not win”. It was a tough season this year but hopefully we can get the dub next season.