Boys Baseball

Miranda Rothchild

Six games left of the season and the husky boys baseball team is 9-3 throughout the season. With a back to back championship won the team is preparing for another win, one game at a time.

Varsity player, Easton Erwin (11), says “the season is going pretty good, we have been coming together really well as a team and have battled some tough teams so far. We are taking the season one game at a time and not getting ahead of ourselves.” Unfortunately coach Woods couldn’t carry his team to an undefeated season as planned, but he is definitely preparing his team for another championship. After a tough battle against mesquite in the 18th annual desert vista tournament, the boys bounced back beating them in conference 15-2. This goes to show that Coach Woods handles losses as a learning lesson for the next game. Varsity player, Tyler Dubuque (12), says “season is going really good we have suffered from some injuries but our back up players are stepping up and contributing to the team. We are really focused on this last stretch of the season because we want to be in a good spot going into playoffs which will give us a better chance at achieving our main goal, winning state.” With many injuries suffered already calls for some players to step up and help the team. Varsity player, Dustin Bermudez (11) says, “the season has been going good just some ups and downs but were practicing hard every day and becoming better.” The Hamilton baseball boys are preparing for their last few games to prepare them to end the season off with another championship ring.