Hamilton Softball

Hamilton Softball

After winning two straight softball championship games, Hamilton’s softball team began the 2018 season looking for a “three-peat.” The Huskies finished the season, 33-2, ending with a 22 game win streak. The two-time defending champs combined for more home runs (51) than runs allowed (48) in the regular season.

The team doesn’t only work hard together during the season. Many of the girls play club softball together in the offseason and make the extra effort to get better outside of practice. Alexis Anaya (11), a junior varsity player, said the best thing about being on the team is “The girls and the relationship we have. We are like sisters”. Whether they hang out together on the weekend, or spend a few extra hours fielding ground balls, the girls appreciate being with each other on and off the field.

Although the girls fought hard, after defeating Phoenix Pinnacle the past two years in State, they fell to them this year in the 6A softball State Championship. The Huskies faced the Pioneers on May 14th at ASU Farrington Stadium. Pinnacle had two regular-season losses to Hamilton this year. Although the odds were in our favor, Pinnacle defeated Hamilton, 4-0.

The team is heartbroken from the loss, but they should feel proud of all they accomplished this year. With a ranking of #1 for the season, it showed how dominant the team was and the success they had. The team looks forward to redeeming their State Championship loss next year.