Bump – Set – DOMINATE

Bump – Set – DOMINATE

Kyle Coffee, Sports Editor

The Hamilton volleyball team is looking to win a state title this season after coming up short last year. There are many challenges that these Huskies gave to overcome to get there, but with an experienced group leading the charge, this season might end with that title.

The volleyball team has started off hot, going 2-0 in their first two games against Highland and Liberty. They completely dominated the competition, winning every set they’ve played so far. With a mix of heavy offense and strong defense, the formula for success is apparent. They have to make sure to keep it up as they go against tougher opponents within their section. Teams like Perry, who have also started off hot, can present a much more difficult challenge to take on.

To be successful in such a tough conference, these Huskies need to be able to work together and master their skill. This is achievable through constant practice and working hard day in and day out. With the help of a great coach, this is possible.

One of the most important pillars of a successful team is great coaching. Coach Vanis has been a staple of this team for the last twelve years and her brilliant coaching has had tremendous impact on all of the players that she has worked with over the years. Not only has she established a foundation built on winning and teamwork, but that ideology has been the framework that has led to much of the success for the volleyball program at Hamilton.

The Husky volleyball team is currently ranked #3 in the state. Up next they face Perry on the road Thursday, 9/27. This match will likely decide the Premiere region championship.