Strong Start for Boys Soccer

Strong Start for Boys Soccer

EJ Byrd

The Husky boys soccer season is underway and the players are more than ready. The Huskies are coming off a good season last year, where they were knocked out in the quarter finals. However the coaches and players firmly believe that the team this year is better than the team last year. Starting Forward, Crew Marin (11) said “This season is going to be exciting for us players and fans of the team. I think we upgraded at a lot of positions and can really contend with the top tier teams.” The team’s record was just above .500 and they look to do better than that this season.

The coaching staff is making the team work and practice very hard as the season approaches. When asked about the team’s expectations this year Coach Belfort said “‘Championship or Bust’ is the motto for the boys soccer team every year.” The team is trying capitalize and bounce back from a disappointing second round exit in the playoffs.

Hamilton played its opening game away against Dobson. Hamilton won in a dominating fashion by a score of 8-0. Brandon Schenks, Thatcher Cooper, Riley Lynch, Channing Chastens and and many had all had a goal to show. The Huskies then faced Mountain Pointe at home in which the Huskies Won in an offensive battle ended by a score of 7-1. Riley Lynch, Hamiltons 15 year old star lead the way with a goal and an assists. When asked upon Riley Lynch (10) had this to say about his performance thus far “Im thankful for coach giving me the opportunity to play at a high level and having confidence in my ability.” Huskies look to continue there dominating season as they play Chaparral. Max Lipman (11) shared his thoughts on the season, “Overall, we are playing as a unit and the chemistry is off the charts..” 

The Huskies participated in the ADIDAS West Coast Showcase Coast Division over the weekend of December 14-16, and were the champions of the event!

They are currently 4-2 and are ranked 24th in Arizona. Be sure to come out and support your Huskies!