Girls Soccer

Girls Soccer

Adam Worthy

Girls soccer is currently going on and the girls are trying to bring Hamilton a state championship. They are currently 9-5-1 and Coach Hertsenberg has put together a great group of girls who look to be poised for a championship run. Their first game came against Cactus Shadows where Hamilton won 4-0 and Mia Zubiate won player of the game by scoring a goal and assisting a goal. They then hit a bumpy road against Desert Vista and lost 3-0. But due to Chloe Leoff’s amazing efforts on the field she won player of the game. Paisley Teele (11) said “the season is going well, we really clicked as a team especially the back line. and it didn’t take long for us to get in the rhythm of connecting passes. we do so well with possessing but when we get in front of the goal we don’t always finish our chances”.

They then followed that loss on the good note by beating Browne by and outstanding score 21-0! Everyone contributed and this was on of the best games the girls have showcased all season. Nyah Bonchonsky won player of the game scoring 4 goals and assisting on 4 goals. Hamilton then beat Westwood 4-1 and Desert Vista 2-0. Ariana Fresquez (11) said “I think our season started off a little slow but we have reached a point that we are just coming together and playing for each other and with the common goal in mind: winning a state championship.” Fast forwarding to now they just tied with Perry 0-0 but were able to beat Basha last night 3-1 as they improved to 9-5-1 on the season. Ella Smith (11) said “it was good to get a win last night after tying with Perry we needed to get back on the right track.” Stay tuned for the rest of the season and go huskies!