Girls Softball

Girls Softball

Adam Worthy

The Hamilton Huskies girls softball team is currently 16-7 and are clicking on all cylinders, as they look to win state. Coach Rocky Para has assembled a great talent of girls as they are currently on a four game win streak and look to continue this great run! Over the course of this streak the girls have shown togetherness and bonding, which are two key elements a team must have if you want to be successful in any sport. In the previous game, the girls made a statement to the whole district and beat Basha 14-4! Winning games in a blowout fashion are always fun to have because its shows the all the Chandler schools what this team is truly capable of.

This season has been filled with ups and downs (mainly ups) which is fantastic because, it shows the girls that the road isn’t easy and there will always be obstacles to overcome if you want to be champions. Tegan Dobson (11) said “It’s been a great season so far even with the ups and downs. This team has really come together these last couple weeks, and we have each other’s backs. Now we focus on getting to state.”

The girls next game is Tuesday April 2nd against Perry who is 13-4 and Hamilton looks to improve their win streak to 5! Hannah Vargas (11) said “Overall this season is going really well. We are bonding well as a team, creating chemistry, and working together as a whole. I love working with true girls and the coaches. We’ve had close games but have been able to pull through”. Lastly Sabrina Gonzalez (11) said “Were coming together as a team that’s the most important thing. There’s no I in team like they say. Without bonding how do you expect to win games”? Stay tuned for the rest of the girls season and go Huskies!