Varsity Soccer

Varsity Soccer

EJ Byrd

The Hamilton High school soccer team has a lot of expectations to live up to. After winning State two years ago the players are going to try their best to win again. The team is led by the excellent skills of Coach Belfort. He pushes his players to be the best they possibly can and assures good sportsmanship while doing so.

When discussing what it is like to be on the team Crew Marin (10) said, “I treat everyone on my team as family. We are a brotherhood. I’m extremely happy to have a coach like Belfort. 

Josh Drack was an ex-Hamilton soccer player and was offered to play D1 soccer at GCU. There is a banner in the hall for being the best player of 2016. Hamilton soccer has a great reputation for dishing out great talent and opportunities to do what they love for a living. All the coaching staff expects from you is to try your best and play your hardest with a good attitude. To make Varsity is an extremely hard task and sophomore Dominique Jackson made varsity and also has one of the best husky 500 times recorded here at Hamilton. The Husky 500 is a series of exercises you must do in a certain amount of time. His time was was just above 17 minutes which is incredible for a sophomore. Dominique has some serious talent and will get a lot of playing time on varsity this year. We asked a good friend of Dominique a couple of questions about Dominiques work ethic. Max Lipman- “Dom tries his heart every minute he’s on the field and won’t let anyone push him the opposite direction.” Max Lipman has been on JVA for two years in a row.

Hamilton Varsity soccer lost in the quarterfinals last year and that was somewhat of a disappointing because of how much talent was in that team. However many critics and people around the school think this years team is stronger and has the best shot to win it this year. Varsity Striker Channing has a full ride to Ohio State for soccer and this is his last year playing high school so he would love to go out with a bang. Brady Nipar said this about the team this year “I think the team has a very strong chance at winning it all.”

Good luck and Go huskies!!!!!!